Morgan Myles + Hookist + MusiCares
From our earliest brainstorming sessions, supporting good causes has been an important part of our mission at Hookist, and we knew the collaborations for them would be incredibly meaningful!
We’ve literally brought the world together, over and over, to write gorgeous songs and raise money and awareness for important causes like:
- Facing Addiction with Paul Williams and Kasim Sulton
- suicide prevention with Alex Boyé
- Songwriting with Soldiers with Darden Smith
- Make A Wish with Kalsey Kulyk, and many more.
Now, with our great friend and collaborator, Morgan Myles, the powerhouse singer-songwriter who just took The Voice by storm, we bring it super close to home with a global songwriting collaboration in support of MusiCares.
MusiCares helps the humans behind music because music gives so much to the world. Offering preventive, emergency, and recovery programs, MusiCares is a safety net supporting the health and welfare of the music community. Founded by the Recording Academy in 1989 as a U.S. based 501(c)(3) charity, MusiCares safeguards the well-being of all music people through direct financial grant programs, networks of support resources, and tailored crisis relief efforts. For more information please visit: www.musicares.org.
Especially since the pandemic, the important work MusiCares does is more in need than ever, so a portion of the proceeds from Morgan’s collaboration will go to MusiCares. Please help us make a difference!
MusiCares helps the humans behind music because music gives so much to the world.
WHAT WE DO
MusiCares provides a safety net of critical health and welfare services to the music community in three key areas:
- Mental Health & Addiction Recovery Services: Support, referrals, and emergency financial assistance for counseling, psychiatric care, inpatient treatment, coaching, intensive outpatient care, sober living and more.
- Health Services: Financial assistance during medical crises and preventive services such as dental and medical screenings, hearing clinics, vocal health workshops, and assistance obtaining low-cost health insurance.
- Human Services: Support for basic living expenses like rent, utilities, car payments and insurance premiums in times of hardship, plus programs addressing affordable housing, career development, legal issues and senior services.
Service: We lead with compassion using expertise to offer customized support. We believe empathy and kindness within the music community heals all involved.
Inclusivity: We provide a sense of belonging in a meaningful, accessible community not just an industry. We unify all people behind music with the people who support them.
Empowerment: We uplift those facing challenges, creating a safe space to get advice, access resources, and be heard. We want the music community to thrive, not just survive.
Integrity: We are committed to our values and follow through on our promises. Clients and donors know they are safe with us.
Visit MusiCares Get Help page to apply for assistance.
For more information, please visit: www.musicares.org