Collection of Your Information
Hook(ist) collects information that you choose to provide and automatically collects certain kinds of information about your device and your interactions with our Site. Some features of the Site may not be available if you choose not to provide information required for that feature.
You may choose to provide Hook(ist) with information, including personal information, through our Site in a variety of ways. This information includes:
- First and last name;
- Email address or other contact information;
- Photographs, video and audio files, other artwork, links;
- Feedback regarding the Site; or
- Social media handles.
You may provide information to us in order to, among other things:
- Register with our Site;
- Submit feedback, engage in online conversations, vote, and follow others;
- Participate in collaborative content generation;
- Request marketing and other communications; or
- Engage in interactive features provided through our Site.
We do not collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. Third parties do not collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third party websites through your use of the Site.
In order to personalize your experience with our Site and tailor our interactions with you, and to gage usage and effectiveness of our site, we collect information about your device and your interactions with our Site in the following manner: We may collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address assigned to your computer or mobile device, operating system information and browser type, language preferences, information about the type of device accessing our Site and the unique device identifier (UDID) for a mobile device, the address of a referring Site (if any), and the pages you visit on our Site. We currently utilize Google Analytics Demographics & Interests reports. If you’d like to opt out: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Use of Your Information
We may use the information we collect:
- For the purposes for which you provided the information;
- To communicate with you about the Site and your Site activities;
- To send announcements, promotions, and newsletters (for which you may opt out), and to provide you with personalized content in the newsletters.
- For administration and improvement of the Site and to enhance user experience;
- To diagnose problems of the Site and to monitor and analyze information regarding your browsing and viewing preferences;
- To carry out internal operations and to analyze our users’ demographics and interests;
- For fraud prevention, internal operations, legal compliance, and other public and security related purposes; and
Hook(ist) may combine personally identifiable information collected through the Site with information available from other sources (such as offline records or publicly available information). We will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
Sharing of Your Information
Hook(ist) may disclose the information it collects:
- To service providers who work on behalf of or with Hook(ist), including agents, vendors, advertisers, consultants and affiliates;
- To confirm or update information provided by you;
- In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of Hook(ist)’s business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings);
- To its licensees, franchisees, business partners and sponsors or partners for our internal purposes; or
- As otherwise authorized by you.
Additionally, we may take personally identifiable information and de-identify it and share it in a de-identified or aggregated form with third parties, advertisers and/or business partners in order to analyze Site usage, demographics, or improve our products or services, improve our user experience, or for similar purposes. We will not re-identify such data and we will ask our contracting parties to agree to keep the data in its de-identified form.
You may choose to opt-out of receiving unrequested communications when [creating an account with us or at any time] by emailing email@example.com or by changing the profile settings after logging into the Site. You may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics Demographics & Interests reports here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
We take precautions to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information we collect. We employ various security technologies to protect the information stored on our systems. It is your sole responsibility to use the appropriate level of care whenever communicating with us.
If you have reason to believe that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access and Modification
Customers may access, review and/or correct all their personally identifiable information that we collect online by sending an email to email@example.com.
70 East 10th Street Ste 14M
New York, NY 10003
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use your information, you may contact us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at (212) 560-2377.