Effective 6 February 2019
Collection of Your Personally Identifiable Information
Hookist collects information that you choose to provide and automatically collects certain kinds of information about your device and your interactions with our Site. While many areas of our Site are accessible and enjoyable without the need to register, some features of the Site may not be available if you choose not to provide information required for that feature.
If you want to participate in the unique opportunities offered by Hookist, you will be required to provide Hookist with information. These unique identifiers may include the following “Personal Data”:
- first and last name;
- email address or other contact information;
- photographs, video and audio files, other artwork, links, etc., which may contain personal identifiers;
- feedback regarding the Site; or
- social media handles.
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Data
Hookist also collects non-personally identifiable information (“Public Information”) such as:
- anonymous usage data;
- referring/exit pages and URLs;
- platform types;
- number of clicks;
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses assigned to your computer or mobile device;
- operating system information;
- information about the type of browser you are using;
- language preferences;
- information about the specific type of device being used to accessing our Site; or
- Unique device identifiers (UDID) for mobile devices.
We currently utilize Google Analytics Demographics & Interests reports to collect certain types of Public Information. If you’d like to opt out, please visit Google’s website at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
You may provide Personal Data and Public Information to us in order to, among other things:
- register with our Site;
- submit feedback, engage in online conversations, vote, and follow others;
- participate in collaborative content generation;
- request notifications, marketing and other communications; or
- engage in interactive features provided through our Site.
With specific regard to your Personal Data, you have the following rights:
- to access and download any such Personal Data;
- to rectify any incomplete or inaccurate personal information;
- to request that we delete your Personal Data;
- to object to, or restrict us from, the processing of your Personal Data as described herein;
- to reuse your Personal Data for other websites and services;
For further information regarding access and modification, see the Access and Modification section below.
Hookist never collects data or information related to sensitive personal information such as criminal convictions, political opinions, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin and health data. While we respect your privacy and have taken every precaution to protect it, since Hookist does not collect these categories of information and does not systematically monitor individuals residing in the EU, we are not required to appoint, and therefore do not have, a Data Protection Officer under the GDRP. If you have specific questions about Hookist’s implementation of the GDRP, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lawful Processing of Your Personal Data
We may process your information in any of the following circumstances:
- you give your consent to the processing of your Personal Data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of an agreement to which you are a party or at your request in order to enter into an agreement;
- processing is necessary to comply with legal obligations to which we may be subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect your or another natural person’s vital interests;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
- processing is necessary for the purpose of a legitimate interest pursued by Hookist or by a third party, except where those interests are outweighed by your fundamental rights and freedoms which require the protection of the Personal Data, particularly if you are under the age of 13.
For the avoidance of doubt, your submission of lyric ideas in an ongoing collaboration on the Site will be subject to the application of some or all of these lawful and legitimate interests which allow us to process and use such data (excluding Personal Data).
Use of Public Information.
In order to personalize your experience with our Site, tailor our interactions with you, and gage usage and effectiveness of our Site, we collect information about your device and your interactions with our Site in the following manner:
- to analyze the usage and trends and preferences of the visitors and users of our Site;
- to help our partners understand such usage and trends;
- to understand how to improve our offers and services;
- to develop new products, services and features;
- to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all of the services on our Site; and
- to respond to questions and provide support to our users.
Additional Uses of Your Personal Data and Public Information
We may use the information we collect:
- for the purposes for which you provided the information;
- to communicate with you about the Site and your Site activities;
- to send announcements, promotions, and newsletters (for which you may opt out), and to provide you with personalized content in the newsletters;
- for administration and improvement of the Site and to enhance user experience;
- to diagnose problems of the Site and to monitor and analyze information regarding your browsing and viewing preferences;
- to carry out internal operations and to analyze our users’ demographics and interests;
- for fraud prevention, internal operations, legal compliance, and other public and security related purposes; and
- to enforce the Terms and Conditions and any of our other stated policies.
Hookist may combine Personal Data collected through the Site with Public Information and/or information available from other sources (such as offline records or publicly available information)(collectively, the “Combined Information”). In this instance, we will treat this combined information as Personal Data.
Sharing of Your Information
Hookist may disclose the information it collects:
- to service providers who work on behalf of or with Hookist, including agents, vendors, advertisers, consultants and affiliates;
- to confirm or update information provided by you;
- in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of Hookist’s business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings);
- to its licensees, franchisees, business partners and sponsors or partners for our internal purposes; or
- as otherwise specifically authorized, and consented to, by you.
We also may share your information in response to a subpoena, legal order or official request, if we are legally required to do so, or when we believe that doing so may protect your safety or the safety of Hookist, or others, to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud or potential threats, or to exercise legal rights or defend against claims, when we believe you have acted in violation of the Terms and Conditions or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Additionally, we may take personally identifiable information and de-identify it (i.e.,remove details from the information that make it possible to recognize the particular person to whom the information is connected) and share it in a de-identified or aggregated form with third parties, advertisers and/or business partners in order to analyze Site usage, demographics, or improve our products or services, improve our user experience, or for similar purposes. We will not re-identify such data and we will ask our contracting parties to agree to keep the data in its de-identified form.
International Privacy Laws
You may choose to opt-out of receiving unrequested communications when creating an account with us or at any time thereafter by emailing email@example.com by changing the profile settings after logging into the Site. You may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics Demographics & Interests reports here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Hookist is concerned with protecting your privacy and Personal Data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data that you transmit to Hookist or guarantee that the information or data you submit to the Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of the industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards and security technologies we employ to protect you. But it is your sole responsibility to use the appropriate level of care whenever communicating with us. When you enter sensitive Personal Data (including login credentials) into our Site, registration forms or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and therefore we cannot and do not guarantee its absolute security. We use the services of an outside credit card processing company, Braintree, A PayPal Company, to bill you and fulfill any purchases you make on the site, and that information is secured and protected through them. Contact Braintree Payments at 877.434.2894 for more information.
In the event of any security breach, or a breach of Personal Data, that is likely to result in a risk of your rights and freedoms or those of any natural persons, and unless we have implemented appropriate technical measures such as encryption to render the breached data untellable to unauthorized access, we will provide you with a notification, at the email address you provided through registration, containing the following:
- The nature of the data breach, including the scope of the breach and any specific categories of Personal Data affected;
- Hookist breach contact information;
- The likely consequences of the breach in Personal Data; and
- How Hookist intends to address, remedy and/or mitigate the breach.
If you have any questions regarding the security of our Site, or have any reason to believe that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- the Personal Data contents of closed accounts will be deleted within three (3) months following the date you close your account;
- backups are kept for six (6) months;
- billing information is retained for a period of seven (7) years as required by our payment processing affiliates; and
- information regarding legal transactions between you and Hook(ist) are kept for a period of ten (10) years.
Access and Modification
Customers may access, review and/or correct all their personally identifiable information that we collect online by sending an email to email@example.com.
125 East 23rdSuite 600
New York, NY 10010
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use your information, you may contact us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org..